Production Team Member – Industrial Sewing Machine Operation (Day or Afternoon Shift)
The Production Worker – Industrial Sewing Machine Operations carries out production activities related to the manufacture of textile products such as vests, bags, coveralls and jackets, as directed by the Production Supervisor. All tasks must adhere to predefined quality standards while meeting daily production targets. Full-time position (40 hours per week).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Able to handle industrial sewing operations. Experience operating industrial sewing equipment, including single and double-needle and walking foot industrial sewing machines, sergers, seam-sealing machines, heat press machines, box-X machines, bar tacker machines, grommet machines or other specialized sewing production equipment is an advantage.
- Able to follow the standard operating and safety procedures and meet appropriate quality standards in the production of the finished goods.
- Maintain a clean and safe workspace. Follow all Safety Regulations and report all hazards, injuries and incidents (including near-misses) to the supervisor immediately.
- Ensure proper operation of industrial sewing machine equipment by cleaning and testing the machines at start of each shift or after any repair of the machine to ensure the machine is maintained and runs efficiently.
- Support all associated sewing operations and cross-train when required for other production tasks to support overall team performance.
- Handle raw materials carefully to ensure quality of finished goods.
- Follow work instructions given by Supervisors and Lead Hands.
- Work as an effective team member within an assigned cohort group supporting team efforts to meet daily production targets.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and good manual dexterity.
- Attention to detail with an ability to detect and report flaws in the raw materials or equipment is that is malfunctioning.
- Desire to learn new skills and take on new tasks as required.
- Thrives in a work environment where individual performance is measured and improvement is acknowledged.
- Good work ethic, honest, patient, reliable and careful.
- Previous experience using industrial sewing machine equipment
- Good physical fitness and endurance with physical strength and ability to lift 15 to 20 lbs
- Ability to communicate and understand verbal and written English, including work instructions and techniques
- Adhering to F.A.S.T. occupational health and safety policies and procedures, including COVID-19 protocols
Salary negotiable for experienced Sewing Machine Operators|||8850 River Road, Delta, British Columbia|||||||||SKvsnTLdGjOVNyXx|||FULL_TIME|||CAD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false