Team Lead - Band Sealing Operation, Folding & Packing (Day or Afternoon Shift) APPLY NOW
Reports to: Production Supervisor, Operations Manager and/or Project Manager
The Team Lead – Band Sealing Operation, Folding & Packing carries out production activities related to the manufacture of medical isolation gowns, as directed by the Production Supervisor. In addition, the Team Lead is responsible for coaching and mentoring the team members within their cohort group. The goal of this role is to maximize productivity on a daily basis and to achieve and report on pre-determined daily targets with their cohort group. All tasks must adhere to predefined quality standards while ensuring that their cohort group maintain all safety protocols.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Good basic production skills with the ability to handle sealing, folding and packing operations. Experience operating band sealing equipment or other specialized sewing production equipment is an advantage.
• Ability to follow the standard operating and safety procedures related to band sealing processes and applications and meet appropriate quality standards in the production of the finished goods.
• Able to follow proper safety procedures associated with the machinery, including but not limited to: safety guards, emergency stops and disconnect at end of shift. Maintain a clean and safe workspace. Lead by example the adherence to all Safety Regulations and report all hazards, injuries and incidents (including near-misses) to the supervisor immediately.
• Ensure proper operation of the band sealing machines within their cohort group by cleaning, changing the sealing band when required and testing the machine at start of each shift or after any repair of the machine to ensure the machine is maintained and runs efficiently. Report any malfunctioning machine immediately.
• Support all associated sewing operations and cross-train when required for other production tasks to support overall team performance.
• Committed to meet quality standards; handle raw materials carefully to ensure quality of finished goods.
• Follow work instructions given by Supervisors and respect Supervisors’ authority. The Supervisor is responsible for assigning individuals to each cohort group and measuring and reporting daily performance of each group.
• Work as an effective team leader within their assigned cohort group supporting team efforts to meet daily production targets.
• Cooperate with their supervisor by demonstrating a willingness to follow directions.
• Excellent hand-eye coordination and strong manual dexterity.
• Strong attention to detail with an ability to detect and report flaws in the raw materials or equipment is that is malfunctioning.
• Desire to learn new skills and take on new tasks as required.
• Thrives in a work environment where individual performance is measured and improvement is acknowledged.
• Good work ethic, honest, patient, reliable and careful.
• Ability to work in a self-sufficient work environment.
• Flexibility with ability to adapt in a changing work environment.
• Previous experience as a team lead or supervisor.
• Previous experience using sealing and packaging equipment
• Ability to work on a standard 40-hour work week
• Good physical fitness and endurance with physical strength for positioning stacks of garments (15 to 20 lbs)
• Steady concentration on activities using production equipment
• Ability to communicate and understand verbal and written English, including work instructions and techniques
• Adhering to F.A.S.T. occupational health and safety policies and procedures, including COVID-19 protocols
Status: full-time position
|||#110 - 7858 Hoskins Street, Delta, British Columbia|||||||||FzJX4s7p-qOS~66I|||FULL_TIME|||CAD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false